What Services Does A Family Planning Clinic Offer?
Family planning or contraception clinics are open access sexual health centers that can be used by any person – men or women – above or below 16 years of age. In other words, anyone can visit these centers on their own (on self-referral) or when referred by a health worker. Contrary to common belief, these clinics are not exclusively for the use of women; men too, can visit and avail of the services offered.
Normally, you can directly walk in any of these family planning clinics and wait for an appointment or book a time slot with a healthcare professional over phone.
To receive family planning services in Boston, visit our family planning clinic today!
The Role Of Contraception Of Family Planning Clinics And Services Offered
Basically, the role of a sexual health center will deal with every aspect that pertaining sexual health of both men and women. This includes prevention, diagnosis, management and treatment of any type of sexually transmitted diseases, advice on every facet of sexual health and counseling whenever necessary.
Among the services you would receive from this type of health center are:
- Providing advice on prevention and options you have with unplanned pregnancy.
- Disseminating information and advice regarding fertility matters for both men and women, and pre-conception information.
- Providing confidential advice about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Pregnancy test.
- Providing confidential advice regarding types of contraception, and how to use these methods effectively to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy.
- Cervical screening.
- Emergency contraception.
- Insertion and/or removal of contraceptive implants
- Condoms and/ or progestogen pills.
- Progestogen contraceptice injections.
The family planning clinic would sometimes offer specialist or more advanced services such as:
- Screening of good health in women – which includes tests for breast cancer and cervical cancer.
- Advice on menopause.
- Counseling and advice pertaining to pre-abortion and post-abortions conditions – both physical and mental.
- Counseling and advice on sexual abuse, rape, incest and so on.
- Counseling and advice about sterilization for women.
- Counseling and advice about male sterilization or vasectomy.
- Referral for sterilization.